Gingerbread brownies make the perfect festive treats! Dust with some coconut flour or drizzle with some melted chocolate!
Vegan & Gluten free Gingerbread brownies
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 50g cacao butter, chopped
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 3 tablespoon of flax seeds + 9 tablespoons water
- 1/3 cup agave
- 1/3 cup oat cream (or any plant based cream)
- 1 cup oat flour, sifted
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 2 tbsp corn or potato starch
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground cardamom
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground clove
- 1/3 cup raw cacao, sifted
- Preheat the oven to 200°C. Line a 20cm x 15cm baking pan with parchment paper.
- Melt the cacao butter and coconut oil in a heatproof bowl. Set over a pan of simmering water, stirring until smooth.
- Prepare the flax eggs by blending the flax seeds to flour and mix the flax flour with 9 tbsp of water.
- Add all ingredients to a bowl, flour, baking powder, coconut sugar, cream, agave syrupand spices. Spread batter into the pan and bake for 25-30 minutes. Let cool in the pan, then turn out and cut into squares.
- To serve, dust brownies with coconut flour or drizzle over some melted chocolate.
Christmas Baking E-BOOK!
Guys I want to take the time to tell you about my Christmas Baking E-BOOK!
Ten carefully selected plant based & raw desserts. All recipes are gluten free, vegan & delicious!