I love chia pudding and I love carrot cake! Put the two together and you'll have a crazy delicious carrot cake chia pudding for breakfast!
I really like chia puddings, I often eat if for breakfast and it's also a really easy snack to make. It's a great snack option to bring with you if you are having a busy day. I often make chia puddings and them in the fridge as they will last in your fridge for days.
If you're already a fan of chia puddings and would like more chia recipes to try out, I recommend this delicious chia pudding with a flavor of Swedish Semla or this awesome key-lime chia pudding!
Carrot cake chia pudding
(time: 40 minutes. makes 2 large servings or 4 small)
Spicy carrot chia pudding
- 2 cups almond milk or another plantmilk
- 4 tbsp carrot juice (optional) (approximately 1 carrot)
- 1/4 tsp cardamom
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 8 tbsp chia seeds
Cashew cream cheese frosting
- 2/3 cup soaked cashews
- zest from 1 lime + 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp agave/maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
(The cashew frosting can be replaced by coconut cream if you don't have the time to soak cashews) Just whip some coconut cream and add a 1/4 tsp vanilla extract and 1/2 tsp agave and lime zest.)
- Start by soaking 1/2 cup of cashews for 4 hours (the water will be absorbed and the nuts will swell to approximately 2/3 cup).
- Next step is the chia pudding, put the almond milk (carrot juice, optional) in a bowl and stir in the cardamom, cinnamon and chia seeds until very well combined. stir for at least 3-5 minutes until the seeds starts to swell. Let it set in the fridge for about 20-30 minutes, stir for a few seconds every 5 minutes to avoid lumps.
- Whip the coconut cream or start making the cashew frosting, strain and blend the soaked cashews with the rest of the ingredients in a high speed blender. Blend until really smooth. You can use a food processor if you don't have a blender, make sure you process it long enough for it to become really smooth.
- Serve in a glas or a small bowl.
Have a lovely day! <3
Is a raw chef and recipe developer at Happy Health blog. She work as a raw food pastry chef, recipe developer, food stylist, photographer and personal chef.