This is for all the chocolate freaks out there! If you simply can't have enough of chocolate in all shapes and forms, then you'll love this sweet and salty smoothie with raw chocolate sauce and salted caramel!
This smoothie is a real treat! I mean it, it's not the kind of smoothie you start of your regular morning routine with... This is perfect for kids and adults that are really in the mood for something super delicious and decadent but still want to avoid that white sugar! This will definitely do the job if youre having friday night chocolate cravings!
The caramel is a blend of dates, nut butter and tahini. If you want to make it nut free, then simple use the double amount of tahini instead of the nut butter or exchange the nut butter for any other seed butter. The taste of the caramel will vary due to what type of nut butter or seed butter you'll use, but will still taste delicious! My favorite combo is white tahini and roasted almond butter, that makes the caramel really delicious and with the exact right amount of nutty flavour...
Raw chocolate & salted caramel smoothie
- 6-8 fresh dates
- 1 tbsp nut butter
- 1 tbsp tahini
- pinch salt
- 2 frozen bananas
- 2 cup plant based milk
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1 shot of espresso (optional)
- 2-4 tbsp raw cacao
Raw chocolate sauce
- 4 tbsp agave or maple syrup
- 4 tbsp raw cacao
- pinch salt
- Make the salted caramel by blending all ingredients in a food processor. (Don't forget to remove the seeds from the dates)
- Make the chocolate smoothie by blending all ingredients in a high speed blender until really smooth.
- Make the raw chocolate sauce by blending or simply mixing the syrup with the raw cacao.
- Assemble the smoothies by dividing the caramel in two medium large glasses. Then pour the chocolate sauce on the inside of the glass. Pour the smoothie in the glass and use a straw or a spoon to create a nice swirl on the inside of the glass.
The raw chocolate sauce is a nice addition to this already very chocolatey smoothie. But you can also skip it as well as go all in with it. Drizzle it on top and let it fall down the edges of the glass to make it look absolutely over the top! Haha, it can get really messy! Just so you know...
Have a lovely day!
Is a raw chef and recipe developer at Happy Health blog. She work as a raw food pastry chef, recipe developer, food stylist, photographer and personal chef.