What is the difference between zucchini, squash and courgette? Nothing... They are only different names for the same thing in Italian, English and French!
- 1 zucchini
- 1 onion
- 1/2 tsp chili flakes
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 cup oat cream (or any other vegan cream)
- 1 tbsp tamari
- 1/2 tbsp miso paste
- zest from 1 lemon
- 5-10 sage leafs
- salt & pepper
- pine seeds
- 1-2 tbsp coconut oil (taste and scent free)
- Slice the zucchini in roughly 7 mm thick slices. Peel and slice the onions thinly.
- Fry the onion, zucchini and chili flakes in a large frying pan with 1-2 tablespoons of coconut oil over medium heat for about 5 minutes or until the zucchini begins to release water.
- Add the thinly sliced garlic and put the heat up slightly. Allow the water from the zucchini to evaporate.
- Add the oat cream, sage, tamari and miso paste and cook for a few more minutes on medium heat.
- Add the lemon zest.
- Boil your selection of gluten-free pasta and fold into the sauce.
- Stir, serve and top with pine nuts!
This pasta is perfect to make as a quick dinner when you want something really tasty and filling. The creaminess balanced perfectly with the freshness of the zest! Also, this pasta can be made in so many different varieties. Exchange the zucchini for pumpkin, kale or any other veggie of choice. Enjoy!
Is a raw chef and recipe developer at Happy Health blog. She work as a raw food pastry chef, recipe developer, food stylist, photographer and personal chef.