Bare Origin is inspired by travels from Jordan to Hawaii.
I have been longing to make a post about natural beauty and homemade organic spa treatments. So you can imaging how happy I was when my friend Nena Stojova suggested that we do something with her magnificent organic oils together!
She's the owner and founder of Bare Origin that sells wild harvested oils from all around the world. Each ingredient carries a story of hope and opportunity for the small communities where they were bought from. All her products are made of 100% fresh, pure and potent ingredients. They are completely chemical free!
We spent one rainy afternoon at my place, mixing together 3 amazingly fabulous natural spa treatments that everybody can make at home. We made three different treatments:
- Antioxidant cacao facial mask - A rejuvenating mask that draws toxins out of the skin without causing it to dry out.
- Moisturizing avocado hair mask - Providing volume and moisture to your hair.
- Rose hip & grape fruit facial cream - A rich and moisturizing cream that heals your skin from the harshness of cold winter weather.
Nena is very talented and knows everything that has to do with skin care and natural beauty, she created all of these three treatments that you'll read more about down below.
Antioxidant cacao facial mask - Rejuvenating
- 1 tsp clay (for this mixture we recommend red Moroccan rhassoul clay)
- 1 tsp raw cacao powder
- 1 tsp Bare Origin Golden Chocolate oil
- a pinch of turmeric, ginger, nutmeg, cinnamon & saffron
- crushed dry rose petals
- 1 tsp of water or enough to make the clay smooth enough to be able to apply it on your face
- Put all dry ingredients in a bowl. Add the oil and water and blend until the mixture is smooth enough to be applied on the skin, add more water if needed.
- Apply the mask on your face and leave it on for 15-20 minutes, until dry. Wash your face with warm water.
- To balance the PH level and hydrate the skin after applying this mask I recommend spraying your face with a generous amount of pure, botanical face mist.
- Afterwards, apply a few drops of pure argan oil or other moisturizing oil like rose hip, hemp or apricot.
Don’t be afraid to use spices as skin care ingredients. For this formula we used warm spices known for their antibacterial and antiviral properties. Use only a pinch of the suggested spices, especially turmeric and ginger, because they are strongly concentrated in their powdered form, adding too much can cause irritation on the skin.
Moroccan rhassoul clay is one of the moist type of clays, it draws toxins out of the skin while not causing it to dry out. Cacao is known for it’s antioxidant properties helping the skin prevent ageing.
Using oil, and especially the Golden Chocolate (which is cacao and vanilla infused argan oil) makes this mask more gentle for the skin helping it to soften and be more elastic.
I loved this mask! Chocolate is one of my absolute favorite things, so why not make a face mask with it?
Moisturizing avocado hair mask - Volume boost
- 1 avocado
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp Bare Origin pure argan oil
- 2 tsp oat flour (you can make this by grinding/blending rolled oats)
- 1 tsp aloe vera juice (optional)
- 1 tsp water
Double the amount of ingredients if you have long hair.
- Mash the avocado. Melt the coconut oil by putting it in a bowl and placing the bowl over a pot of steaming water. Add it to the avocado mousse, add the argan oil, oat flour, aloe vera and water. Stir until everything comes together.
- Apply the cream on your hair, take special care to massage it into the scalp and the hair ends. Wrap your hair in plastic bag and let it sit for 30 to 40 minutes.
- Wash your hair properly with a silicon-free shampoo. After washing, while your hair is still wet massage a few drops of pure argan oil in your palms and massage it into your scalp and hair-ends.
This hair mask gives an amazing volume and a silky quality to the hair. It also moisturizes the scalp, soothing irritations and healing dryness. Avocado, coconut and argan oil are filled with fatty acids who helps the hair moisturize. Aloe vera is soothing and calming for the scalp while oats can fix and strengthen damaged hair.
Rose hip & grape fruit facial cream - Moisturizing
- 1 tbs shea butter
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1 tbs Bare Origin pure argan oil
- 1 tsp Bare Origin wild rose hip oil
- a few drops of vitamin E oil (optional)
- 4-5 drops of your favorite essential oil. For this cream we recommend an oil with a warming citrus aroma like grapefruit, orange or lemon.
(A good place to get a high quality, unrefined, fair-trade shea butter is at our friends Mino Collective)
- Place a glass bowl over a pot of boiling water. Add the shea butter & coconut oil and let it melt. Once melted, remove the bowl from the pot. Add the argan oil, rose hip and the essential oil. Transfer the liquid into a glass jar and place it in a cool place until it hardens. 20 minutes in the fridge will be enough.
- This cream will last for up to a year.
- Apply morning and evening after washing your face. Can be used as a body butter and hand cream to soothe dry and cracked winter skin.
You will feel the nurturing and moisturizing effects of this soft cream immediately!
Needless to say shea butter and coconut oil are some of the best oils to help dry skin heal and restore. The amazing properties of argan oil like omega fatty acids and vitamin E are known to heal psoriasis and defend the skin from premature aging. Finally the rose hip oil has a soothing effect on the skin due to high amounts of vitamin A, known to be a potent healer of cuts, burns and scars.
This formula is a simple home-made remedy to protect and heal your skin from the harshness of winter. Orange and grapefruit essential oils will give this moisturizer the perfect fresh and warm scent for the winter.
This cream is absolutely amazing. I'm used to only using organic products but this is by far the best facial cream I've ever tried! I'm seriously longing to wash my face everyday and apply some cream. It's really rich and it doesn't take a lot to cover your face.
Why not buy some cute little jars and make some extra to give away as Christmas gifts! I would be so happy to get a home made present like that!
Order your Bare Origin products here.