The flavors of this cake are pineapple, strawberry and lime! It's creamy, fruity and delicious!
Hi guys! Summer is officially over, but we've had the most amazing weather here in Stockholm all week! This cake is something I made in the beginning of summer. It was inspired by my favorite Swedish Popsicle called Twister! You know how I love to create new recipes from things that I enjoyed eating that weren't healthy or vegan and put them in a whole new context! This is what this cake is all about!
I made another swirl cake in April, earlier this year! It became an instant success and I believe it has been shared over 40k times on Pinterest! You should definitively try and make your own swirl cake! Not only is is extremely delicious but it's also a lot of fun! And no pressure, just enjoy the process, get in touch with your artistic side and let's create some cake masterpieces! ;P
Pineapple twister swirl cake recipe
- 1 cup almonds
- 1/4 cup cashews
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
- lemon zest from 1 lime
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 8-12 dates
- 1 tbsp buckwheat
Yellow cheesecake filling
- 3,5 cup soaked cashews
- 0,5 cup agave
- 1,5 tsp vanilla extract
- 0,5 cup lemon juice
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tbsp sunflower lecithin
- 1/2 pineapple
- 1,5 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 cup defrosted strawberries
- 1,5 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 cup soaked cashews (what's left)
- lime zest from 2 limes
- lime juice from 1 lime
- 1 handful spinach
- 2 tbsp agave
- a pinch of spirulina
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- The crust: Process all ingredients in a food processor, start by processing the nuts and the coconut flakes until flour like texture. Add the rest of the ingredients and process until a firm dough. Form a crust in the bottom of a spring pan.
- The yellow cheesecake filling: Blend all ingredients in a high speed blender (except the coconut oil) until it's really smooth. Add the coconut oil in liquid form at the very end and blend for a few more seconds. Pour the mix into the spring pan.
- Strawberry swirl: Blend the defrosted strawberries and the coconut oil in a high speed blender or a food processor. Blend until really smooth. Move the mixture to a plastic squeeze bottle and set aside.
- Lime swirl: Blend all ingredients in a high speed blender. Blend until really smooth. Move the mixture to a plastic squeeze bottle and set aside.
- Pineapple topping: Blend pineapple and coconut oil in a high speed blender until really smooth. I'm using my twister jar for these 3 last steps. When you have all the "topping components" ready, start to draw your swirl.
- Add the pineapple topping on top of the cheesecake layer. Add it on gently and evenly.
- Then draw 4 lines of lime topping across the cake, all lines should intersect in the middle. Then I did the same with the red strawberry topping. It's important to make sure that the yellow pineapple topping is coming through, so it should be visible in between the green and the red lines.
- Next step is to take a toothpick and swirl it in a circular motion, creating a bigger circle, going from the middle and out to the edges of the cake. When you're happy with the swirl, move the cake to the freezer and let it freeze for 4 hours.
Don't forget to tag your creations with #happyhealthblog :-*