The blueberry season in Sweden runs from June to September. Here is a lovely raw food cake that makes the most of fresh blueberries!
A few months back, during summer, I had such an amazing day with my lovely friend Evelina! We spent the day in the Swedish forest, hanged out at her place, baked a raw cake with our freshly picked blueberries and enjoyed her lovely garden! I'm a real city-rat! I can probably count the times I have been in the woods on one hand! So for me, this day was absolutely magical!
The cake we made was very easy to make and we kept the ingredient list quite short. Since we were not in my kitchen I didn't have all my regular machines, only a food processor.
Raw blueberry cake recipe
(6 inch spring pan. 15 cm) Prep: Soak about 300 g of cashews for 4 hours. Time: 1 h + 4 h freeze time.
Crust & Crumble
- 1 cup cashews
- 1 cup coconut flakes
- 8 dates
- 1/2 tsp vanilla powder
- pinch salt
- 2 cups soaked cashews
- 1/2 cup agave
- 1/4 cup lemon juice + zest from 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries (you can use frozen if you want)
- Add water if needed
- 1/4 mixture from the crust
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- The crust: Process all ingredients in a food processor, start by processing the nuts and the coconut flakes until roughly chopped. Add the rest of the ingredients and process until a firm. Set aside 1/4 of the mixture and form a crust with the 3/4 of the mixture in the bottom of a spring pan.
- Cheesecake filling: Blend all ingredients in a high speed blender (except the coconut oil and fresh blueberries) until it's really smooth. (I made this cake at a friends house and we didn't have blender so we used a food processor, which you can do as well. This will give you a bit more rustic feel and grainy texture.) Add the coconut oil in liquid form at the very end and blend for a few more seconds.
- When the cheesecake filling is ready, add the whole fresh blueberries without blending, stir gently and pour the mix into the spring pan.
- Add the cinnamon to the remaining crumble and sprinkle it on top of the cake.
- Move the cake to the freezer and let it set for 3-4 hours.