Nana ice cream with 5 simple ingredients, a quick option to homemade ice cream! It's crazy good with chunky walnuts, cacao nibs and a heavenly caramel sauce!
- 4 very ripe frozen bananas
Raw caramel sauce
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tbsp almond butter (roasted almond butter will taste awesome, but raw will work too)
- 1 tbsp peanut butter (roasted peanut butter will taste awesome, but raw will work too)
- 1/2 cup chopped raw walnuts
- 1/2 cup cacao nibs
- The prep needed in this recipe is to peel and freeze 4 bananas. Break them into chunks, preferably.
- Prepare the caramel sauce by combining the ingredients in a smaller cup.
- Make the ice cream by adding the frozen banana chunks to a food processor and process until you have a smooth banana ice cream.
- Move the ice cream to a bigger bowl and add the chopped walnuts, cacao nibs and caramel sauce. Use a spoon to make some swirls and combine everything without blending it all together too much.
- Scoop and serve immediately. If you want it extra firm, let the bowl sit in the freezer for 30 minutes or longer before serving.
Fluffy banana ice cream + cacao nibs + roughly chopped walnuts + caramel sauce = Drooling yet? If you want the ice cream more firm and less like soft serve just let it sit in the freezer for 30 minutes before serving!
Pro-tip! To make gorgeously round scoops, let the ice cream sit in the freezer until it's very hard and completely frozen. Dip the ice cream scooper in a cup of hot water right before you make the scoops. Repeat this with every new scoop to get the perfectly looking bowl of ice cream! ;P
I really hope you enjoy this recipe! If you're like me and trying to cut down a little on sugar, sweet stuff and fruits, try adding 1 cup of coconut cream and use only 2 frozen bananas instead. This will make for a deliciously creamy yet little less sweet ice cream! Enjoy! <3