Hi guys! It's been a while since last. I've really missed being in the kitchen and sharing my recipes with you. But to be honest, blogging has felt kind of overwhelming lately. Like you guys probably know, I write this blog and share my recipes in 2 languages. I started out almost 3 years ago, and I was manly writing in English at the beginning. At that time 80-90% of my readers were from English speaking countries. But then I made two separate blogs and started to focus more on Swedish readers and today 70% of all the people who visits this site are actually Swedish!
Even though I love writing in English and connecting with you, from literally all over the world, Swedish is my native language and writing in Swedish takes a lot less effort for me. So what I've decided, since I really wanna continue both, is to be continuing to share my recipes here, in english, but it wont be any long posts with lots of extra information about techniques or ingredients or anything like that, simply just the recipes.
I hope you guys understand and still appreciate the recipes. If there's any questions you can ALWAYS leave a comment or just send me an email. I'll be happy to help if I can! And also, there's always this smart thing called google. Just one click away :P
Vegan GF apple cake
- 2 chia egg (2 tbsp chia flour + 6 tbsp water)
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1/2 cup plant yogurt
- 1/4 cup rapeseed oil
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 2/3 cup oats
- 2/3 cups buckwheat flour
- 1/3 cup potato flour
- 1 tsp cardamom
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tbsp xanthan gum
- pinch salt
- 2 Aroma apples
- Preheat oven to 374°F (190°C)
- Prepare the chia eggs by mixing the chia seed flour with the water in a small glass or bowl. Set aside for 5-10 minutes until a firm gel is formed.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together all the wet ingredients. Add the chia mixture to the bowl and stir until well combined.
- In another bowl, stir together all the dry ingredients.
- Add the dry mix to the wet mixture. Stir while mixing it in, little by little. Use a glass pan with coconut oil or vegan cooking spray and dust with gluten-free flour (or breadcrumbs). Add the mixture to the pan.
- Cut the apples in thin slices and put on top of the cake.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes or until deep golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Optional: mix 1 tablespoon rapeseed oil with 1 tablespoon maple syrup and brush on top of the cake after half of the time has pasted.
- Let the cake cool completely before you cut it or serve it.
Hope you liked it! <3