Wonderfully soft and moist gingerbread cupcakes made without wheat flour, eggs or dairy.
We're about one third into December right now! Not too far from the new year! This is a recipe from my Christmas E-book! It's originally a gingerbread cake with cashew frosting but I made it into gingerbread cupcakes for a catering I did last week! The only difference in this recipe is that the cupcakes need about half the time in the oven. These cup cakes are as cute as they are delicious!
Vegan & gluten free Gingerbread cupcakes
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup oat cream (or any other plant based cream)
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup buckwheat flour
- 1/2 cup oat flour or quinoa flour
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1,5 tsp ginger
- 1,5 tsp cinnamon
- 0,5 tsp cardamom
- 1 tsp ground clove
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1,5 cup cashews (soaked)
- 1/4 cup agave syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2-3 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- Preheat the oven to 175°C or 350°F.
- Melt the coconut oil, turn off the heat and add the cream and milk. Stir well.
- Mix all the dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Pour all the liquid, including the maple syrup onto the dry ingredients and mix well. Stir until you have a smooth batter without lumps. Pour the batter into the baking cups and bake in the middle of the oven for 20-25 minutes.
- Let the cupcakes cool while you make the cashew frosting.
- Mix all ingredients except the coconut oil in a blender. Blend until completely smooth. Add the coconut oil in liquid form at the very end, and blend some more.
- Spread the frosting over the cupcakes, make sure they're completely cooled.