Cinnamon buns are Amazing! They are typically made from wheat flour, sugar and butter. These babies has non of that Crap! ;)
From the pictures these buns may look a bit dry but I can assure you that they were very soft and moist inside!
Gluten free cardamom dough
(makes 16-20 small cinnamon buns) Time: 1,5h.
- 14g of Active dried yeast or 50g of compressed fresh yeast
- 2 cup water
- 3 tbsp psyllium husks or psyllium powder
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1,5 cups coconut flour
- 0,5 cup quinoa flour
- 1 tbsp cardamom
- 1 tsp salt
- 3-4 tbsp coconut oil
- any plant based milk for brushing the buns
- 1,5 cup dates (approximately 20-25 dates)
- 1,5 tbsp cinnamon
- 5 tbsp coconut oil
- pinch salt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Dissolve the yeast in the water. Mix in psyllium husk and let it set for 10 minutes.
- Mix in the flours and salt and knead the dough thoroughly. Add the oil at the very end and work the dough with your hands. Cover with plastic wrap and set in a warm place to rise for about 1 hour.
- Divide the dough into 2 pieces and roll out the dough flat, approximately 1/4 inch thick.
- Blend the ingredients for the cinnamon filling in a high speed blender or food processor until very smooth.
- Spread the cinnamon date paste evenly on the dough and roll the dough to a log. Cut 2 inches thick buns and put them on an oven tray.
- Brush the buns with plant-based milk and sprinkle with puffed quinoa (optional).
- Bake the bread at 200°C or 390°F for approximately 8-12 minutes.
- Let the buns cool before serving. They might seed too doughy at first but they need 10-20 minutes too cool before serving.
Is a raw chef and recipe developer at Happy Health blog. She work as a raw food pastry chef, recipe developer, food stylist, photographer and personal chef.