Cool weather calls for warming foods! Golden milk oatmeal is the ultimate winter breakfast!
Hi Guys! Golden milk oatmeal is just as epic as it sounds!
I made a pretty awesome breakfast last week and of course I'm gonna share it with you!
It's a pretty basic oat porridge that I topped with vegan coconut citrus yogurt, chai-spiced granola, frozen dates and of course my favorite milk!
Oatmeal (super basic)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup rolled oats
- pinch salt
- Recipe here
- add lemon zest and juice to taste
- 1 ½ tsp turmeric
- ½ tsp ginger
- ½ tsp cardamom
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp vanilla powder (optional)
- pinch black pepper
- pinch ground clove
- 1 cup plant based milk
- almond butter
- frozen dates or figs
- puffed quinoa
- Boil water, oats and salt in small saucepan.
- Lower heat as it starts to boil. wish from time to time. The oatmeal will be ready within 5 minutes, take away from heat before, if you want the texture to be less firm.
- Use any yogurt and add lemon zest and juice for taste.
- Heat the milk and wish in the spices. Use a milk frother if you like.
- Top your porridge with your favorite topping or use the same as I did. I strongly recommend the frozen dates!
This breakfast has so many different textures and flavors and it will create a beautiful symphony in your mouth! You can of course follow a recipe like this to the point, but most of all I want to awaken your creativity and inspire you to create something awesome!
Thinking new thoughts and testing new ideas is good for the brain. Making a creative breakfast is the best way to start of the day! If you ever try yogurt on porridge don't forget to tag me! #happyhealthrecipes or #happyhealthblog. Kisses!
Is a raw chef and recipe developer at Happy Health blog. She work as a raw food pastry chef, recipe developer, food stylist, photographer and personal chef.