I try to always have some Fat-balls stored in the fridge and freezer because this is the best everyday snack you can ever imagine!
Fat-balls!! Every one that follows Lee from America knows about them already. And if not, they're pretty much superyummy balls that are high in fat + protein and low in sugar. I love chocolate so I had to create a CHOCOLATE fat-ball recipe! I try to always have some Fat-balls stored in the fridge and freezer because this is the best everyday snack you can ever imagine!
- 2 tbsp almond butter
- 1 tbsp peanut butter
- 1/4 cup coconut shreds
- 2 tbsp raw cacao
- 10 Brazil nuts
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup hemp seeds
- 1 tsp coconut palm sugar (optional)
- pinch salt
- 3 dates
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- Start by combining all of the ingredients into a food processor.
- Process for 1 minute until a crumbly dough has formed.
- Next, add some extra coconut oil if needed. Process for an additional 1 minute until well processed.
- Fill a bowl with coconut flakes. (I have colored mine with natural coloring such as spirulina, and pitaya powder. Just for fun, this is completely optional.)
- Roll mixture into balls. Roll in coconut to coat.
- Store in an air tight container for up to 3 months in your freezer. Or about 1 week in your fridge. Best enjoyed slightly thawed.
This recipe makes about 10 balls and each ball is around 170 kcal. Each ball has around 4,5 g of protein. 15,5 g of fat and 2,5 g of fiber! :) There's also a very good and healthy amount of zinc, iron and magnesium in these balls!