Say hello to the prettiest bread in town! Vegan, GF & insanely delicious!
I'm choosing to call this "the miracle bread" not only because it miraculously holds together but also because it will work wonders for your stomach. We have way too little fiber in our diets today, but thanks to this bread, you can now enjoy a super yummy and fibrous toast each and every day.
This bread is so insanely good that you hardly want to put anything on it... It's so tasty and luxurious in itself, on the other hand, one can't really go wrong with a delicious layer of vegan butter...
This is how it looks right before it's going in the oven... This bread is inspired by a few different recipes that I found but my guess is that Sarah from My new Roots is the genius behind it all...
- 1.5 cups gluten free rolled oats
- 1 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1 cup raw activated nuts (I used hazelnuts, walnuts, almonds & brazil nuts)
- 1/3 cup hemp seeds
- 1 tsp salt
- 2,5 tbsp chia seeds
- 3 tbsp psyllium husks powder
- 1/4 cup flax seeds
- 3 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 2.5 tb maple syrup
- 1.5 cups warm water
- Add all the dry ingredients to a big bowl and stir gently.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir well.
- Pour the mixture into a parchment lined 11x5 loaf pan. It should be tightly packed!
- Cover and let sit out for at least two hours.
- Preheat oven to 375 F. Bake for 20 minutes. Take out of the oven. Flip bread over and put it directly on the oven rack and bake for another 30 minutes.
- Let the bread cool completely before cutting it. Enjoy! <3
It's important to keep in mind when cooking with seeds and nuts to always taste 1 or 2 seeds/nuts of each kind to make sure none of them have gone bad. I have repeatedly made the mistake of baking with sunflower seeds which has gone bad and can assure you that the only thing to do is to throw the whole thing away.... You can also try and smell the seeds and usually bad seeds can give off a smell, so sniff and taste before pouring in. :)
I always activate my nuts and seed. This is completely optional but does wonders for most people with digestion problems. It neutralizes enzyme inhibitors found on the nuts and seeds and makes them much easier to digest. It takes a little work and certainly more preparation but it's well worth the time. <3