These brownies are almost raw and very simple to make! Rich, dense and super satisfying!
The base of these brownies are inspired by the no bake brownies from minimalist baker. I have less than half of the amount of dates in my recipe due to the very sweet caramel frosting, plus I also don't like my sweets as sweet anymore.
3 simple steps. Blend the no bake brownie ingredients in a food processor. Put some whole walnuts on top. Mix together the caramel ingresients and spread out evenly.
- 1 cup raw walnuts + 15 extra to add in whole for crunch
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 1 cups fresh dates, pitted
- 0,5 cup raw cacao powder
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 cup vegan dulce de leche
- 1 tbsp tahini
- 1 tbsp almondbutter
- 2 tbsp agave (optional)
- pinch salt
- Combine all brownie ingredients except the dates in a food processor. Process until finely ground. Add the dates one at a time through the feed tube of the food processor while it is running. (or 2-3 at the time if you don't have a feed tube) You should end up with mix that appears like cake crumbs, but that when pressed, will easily stick together (if the mixture does not hold together well, add more dates). It may seem dry at first, but don’t add any water!!
- Press The brownie mixture into a lined cake pan or mold.
- Add some whole walnuts on top of the brownie.
- Use a small bowl to whisk together the ingredients for the caramel. Spred on top of the brownie evenly.
- Put in fridge or freezer until ready to serve.
- Store in an airtight container.
These brownies has it all! The right amount of gooeyness from the caramel, density, wonderful texture from the whole walnuts. Lots of deep chocolate flavor and the exact right amount of sweetness!
Best part is, you can keep these in the freezer for months! Just take them out to room temperature 15-20 minutes before serving! <3